This 100-hour training academy develops the core competencies and
behaviors needed to obtain and retain employment along a career pathway.
The program readies individuals for our individualized job placement
and coaching support or Advanced Skill Training Academies.
Foundations Program members are assigned an experienced employment coach. Our coaches will assess employment strengths, set career goals, develop a career plan, and then provide support to put that plan into action. Coaches provide one year of support after members achieve employment.
Job seekers in the Foundations Program also receive employment skills training, such as updating resumes, applications, and job interview training. Computer skills training is also a key component of Foundations. Foundation members also participate in an internship/work experience with their choice of employers.
- Stable housing for the next two months
- Being clean and sober six months prior to starting the program
- Able to commit to attend training Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 2:00pm
- Attendance at a Membership Class is required to enroll in Foundations.
- Membership Classes are generally held at the Urban League of Greater Madison at 2222 S. Park St. in Madison. Please call 608.729.1200 to find the date and time of the next Membership class. No registration is required to attend a Membership class.
Interested in joining a workforce program?